Monday, April 27, 2020

For (Older) Doctor Who Fans Only!


Would you like a Jelly Baby?
Noticing that Tom Baker was one of the Doctors who took part in The Big Night In thank-you to the NHS, and thinking he looked a bit frail, I gave it a bit of a google. Read that he was born in 1934, so actually he looked rather good. Then I read on his wiki page the following story, which made me giggle, so I'm saving it here for when I need another giggle one day:

During a guest appearance on the quiz show Have I Got News For You, he told a story about how, while entering a recording studio in Wales, he was accosted by a member of the public who said to him, "I will never forgive you, nor will my wife, for what you did to our grammar schools!" He replied, "What are you talking about, you daft bugger?" to which the stranger replied, " I'm so sorry. I thought you were Shirley Williams."


No comments:

Post a Comment