Thursday, January 21, 2021

Bernie Sanders Does it Again


This is a photograph of Bernie Sanders at the Capitol building in Washington DC during the Inauguration of President Biden yesterday. His mittens in particular seem to have captured the interest of folk on social media. NPR suggested that he had won "the Inauguration Day Meme Game". 

And then, one of my colleagues posted a link called "Put Bernie Anywhere" that places this photo in a Google photo of that site.

Greatest Procrastination Device of the Week!

You've got to be careful with the wording of the location, but you can put him pretty much anywhere.

At the Sydney Opera House:

At the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin:

In Pisa:

Also, there's no guarantee that the vista chosen will actually show the object/building/view that you requested. For example, when I entered "Jolly Green Giant statue" (that I visited a gazillion years ago in Blue Earth, MN) I got this:

but there's no view of the big guy that we saw when we drove through Minnesota:


O, and be as specific as you can. When I put "Modena", a city of c. 190k people, with a historic centre full of beautiful architecture, and a nine-hundred-year-old cathedral:


I got this:

Senator Sanders is sitting by the bus stops at the main railway station of Modena. I'm proud that I know this, since I often claim to have become a Modenese, and such knowledge supports that claim!

Anyway, it's a bit of fun connected to the news today. Enjoy. As for me ... PROCRASTINATION, THOU HAST BESTED ME ONCE MORE. I'm off for a nap.







1 comment:

  1. Senator Sanders the globe trotter.....

    ReplyDelete