Sunday, December 26, 2021

Routemaster Piglet


I do so love an old Routemaster, especially when it is a Number 9. Piglet is also clearly riveted, and posed for me I think when we saw a stationary example on the Strand one afternoon. Approaching the end of 2021, my mind is wandering through random memories. 

Seeing this photo reminds me of when there were no traffic lights at Hyde Park Corner, and you could stand on the platform as the bus took the Corner, holding onto the pole with one hand, and leaning out to swing round with the bus, jumping off as it turned left into Knightsbridge while the conductor shouted at you. Hard to accept how long ago that was!

1 comment:

  1. LittlePiglet4:22 pm

    Thank you for posting this picture, an intersection of 2 of my likes: Piglet and Routemasters.
    What a lovely Piglet toy, he is so cute :-)
    I think the classic versions of Piglet and Routemaster are far superior to their modern day counterparts - AA Milne Piglet is better than Disney Piglet, and AEC Routemaster is better than the Wrightbus Borismaster.
    I enjoyed reading your blogs on Piglet and look forward to seeing him on more expositions outside Hundred Acre Wood.

    ReplyDelete