Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Nina Nina Nina

 


Nina Conti has a show on at the moment but since we are in a different country, we can't quite get there this time. I've been a fan for quite a while, and an Insta prompt for her latest presentation sent me in search of past memories. 

1. It turns out that this is how I first discovered her existence.

2. When I was unwell for a few weeks in Waltham, my flatmate got me a book on ventriloquism from the library, and I got to the end of chapter 1 before I had to give it back. I am still able to ventriloquize the sentence that I learned:  very few folk enjoy the view.

3. According to a chap called Ken Campbell, the perfect practice sentence for a ventriloquist is:  Who dared to put wet fruit bat poo in our dead mummy's bed; was that you, Verity?

4. This. (Warning - adult language from Monkey)



No comments:

Post a Comment