Each year a host of one-liners from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival are voted upon and a Top Ten published. This year there appears to be one token funny woman. That sucks. The chosen few are:
10. My mum's so pessimistic, that if there was an Olympics for pessimism ... she wouldn't fancy her chances. (Nish Kumar)
9. I waited an hour for my starter so I complained: It's not rocket salad. (Lou Sanders)
8. I saw a documentary on how ships are kept together. Riveting! (Stewart Francis)
7. Pornography is often frowned upon, but that's only because I'm concentrating. (George Ryegold)
6. I took part in the sun tanning Olympics - I just got Bronze. (Tim Vine)
5. I'm good friends with 25 letters of the alphabet ... I don't know why. (Chris Turner)
4. You know you're working class when your TV is bigger than your book case (Rob Beckett)
3. I was raised as an only child, which really annoyed my sister. (Will Marsh)
2. Last night me and my girlfriend watched 3 DVDs back to back. Luckily I was the one facing the telly. (Tim Vine)
1. You know who really gives kids a bad name? Posh and Becks. (Stewart Francis)
My favourite is defo number 5, but then it's the most subtle :-) . Followed by number 3, for obvious reasons!
btw I presume that the only reason the winning joke works is because so many people know the names of the children. Otherwise, I would offer up Boris Johnson, the Mayor of London. His children are called:
Next to these names, I think that
look a bit tame, actually!