Saturday, November 04, 2017

Singing 1984


Never realised I was such a Top 40 girl, but then 1984 was the year that I tried so hard (and failed) to fit in with my university classmates. It did lessen the bullying somewhat. These days all I really remember are songs that when I hear them I must sing. These thoughts have been triggered by an episode of Top of the Pops from 1984 I just watched. The Weather Girls performed "It's Raining Men" and from the first chord I sang along and realised that I knew all the words. Am having a bit of trouble falling asleep, so here are 10 other songs from 1984 that insist I must sing along:

*  All Cried Out (Alison Moyet)
*  Dancing in the Dark (Bruce Springsteen)
*  Here Comes the Rain Again (Eurythmics)
*  Jump (The Pointer Sisters)
*  Robert DeNiro's Waiting (Bananarama)
*  Shout to the Top (The Style Council)
*  Time after Time (Cyndi Lauper)
*  Your Love is King (Sade)
*  What's Love Got to Do With It? (Tina Turner)
*  99 Luftballons (Nena)

(Songs that didn't quite make it included:  Against All Odds (Phil Collins), Careless Whisper (GM), Hold Me Now (Thompson Twins), Karma Chameleon (Culture Club), Owner of a Lonely Heart (Yes), The Power of Love (Frankie Goes to Hollywood), Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi), When Doves Cry (Prince))

No comments:

Post a Comment