Sunday, April 12, 2020

Cousin Heinrich


My late father had a great love for the work of Heinrich Heine. He would joke that one of the reasons that he married my mother was because she had an ancestor in the Von Geldern family, and since Heine was also in that family, this marriage made him a relative of Heine.

Thanks to my new Geni.com friend, I had a look at the Heine family tree today and I have news for my father:

Albert Hoschander F
son of Sali Hoschander
daughter of Samuel Hoschander
son of Anna Wertheimer
daughter of Emanuel Wertheimer
son of Shimshon Wertheimer
son of Sara Wertheimer
daughter of Behrend Lehmann, R' Yissacher HaLevi Bermann
father of Moses Kossmann Lehmann (Sara's brother - now we go down the tree)
husband of Recha Heine
mother of Herman Heine
father of Sigmund Heine
father of Heinrich Heine

technically that is his 5th great aunt's great grandson. Thus it would seem that R' Yissacher HaLevi Bermann is a direct ancestor of both men.

I may have misread the information. I hope not! Meanwhile, for my father who dragged my mother to the cemetery every time they went to Paris so they could put stones on Heine's grave, 

ef in Paris c. 1962
I do hope this is correct. That he has a direct connection of his own, rather than by marriage. I also hope that somewhere, somehow, he finds out about it and it makes him as happy as I am imagining it would!

ahf in Paris c. 1968

No comments:

Post a Comment