Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Born 81 Years Ago Today


She was never one for parties, but always up for doing something celebratory, I wonder what we might have done today if my mother were still alive. Always a cake (I do wonder if this year I would have dared to try and stretch my newly-developed baking skills and made one?!). In recent years we'd gone to the theatre, had tea at the Wolseley, a visit to Portmerion, a weekend at a charming inn in the Yorkshire Dales, lunch at the Ivy, lots of Chinese food. Whatever she would've been up for I'm sure it would have been elegant and tasty and celebratory. 

In honour of her 81st birthday, here is a contact sheet which was probably in preparation for PR for one of her concerts. Teenage Evelyn, full of energy and passion. May her memory be for a blessing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment