Monday, August 24, 2020

L'Ègoiste

 


It is a simple equation:  me wearing a mask can help you, and you wearing a mask can help me. How can that impinge on your freedom? Yet it seems that many people believe that their liberties are threatened by this act of reciprocity. If only all our heads of government would lead by example.

Nu, several weeks ago this idea for a political cartoon came to mind, and I sketched it out. Today I inked over the pencil (I was really anxious about doing that, afraid of messing things up, but finally I did do it), and here it is. My first go, so a bit rough I know. Also needs a particular cultural reference to make any sense:  somewhere around 1990 there was a tv ad that I absolutely adored and have never forgotten (you may remind yourself or introduce it to yourself here *).

* a translation of what the women are screaming may be found at the end of the wiki article here

No comments:

Post a Comment