Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Piglet Retrospective I


In today's English language class we had a discussion regarding the difference between "to cheer" and "to cheer up". A student had bought herself some yellow tulips because it was a grey morning. We then got to dissect the lyrics of "Tulips from Amsterdam", but that's a different post. It occurred to me that somebody somewhere, someone who has not yet encountered the Piglet Series, might be cheered up by some of these old pictures of mine. And thus is born the Piglet Retrospective.

The origin of these photos lies in the gift of Piglet by my youngest sister to her father. He used to travel a lot, and I think she gave him the pig so he would think of her when he was away. He decided to take pictures of Piglet posing wherever their journeys took them. When I became a photographer, and travelled quite a bit also, my father passed Piglet on to me. 

This shot is one of my favourites. I got a High Holyday pulpit in Seattle, and decided to drive there (from Virginia) in order to visit Mount Rushmore and take a Piglet picture. (Reading the Hebrew way ...) President, President, President, President, Pig. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment