Friday, January 22, 2021

Stupid is as Stupid Does

So the EarDoc told me to go and get a spray to help protect my ear for the moment. It had to be ordered (suggesting they don't have much call for it), but the lovely ladies at the Farmacia Beata Vergine della Salute were, as always, kind and helpful.a Salute


Love the box and the olde-time style. So I took out the bottle and read the instructions, which said I should put the nozzle in my ear and pump the shot directly inside. The paper on which the instructions were written was tiny, without diagrams or photographs.

Am I becoming senile? I look at this nozzle, and cannot for the life of me figure out how I can get it in my ear. Maybe if I turn the bottle upside-down? Does it work like a clip-on earring? No it does not. I'm afraid to push it too far in case the plastic breaks. I go online to see if they have instructions in English. Indeed they do, and they say exactly the same as the Italian version. No images, and I learn a bit about construction work (Boral is a big name in the field of building materials). I sit and look at the bottle on the table, and I haven't got a clue. I'm thinking stupid is as stupid does.

Along comes my beloved. I explain the problem, and she does this:



O dear.

Duh!

(apply appropriate epithet)


And, more than anything, grazie amore!

No comments:

Post a Comment