Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Yes They Have Apricots!

You know how it is, one moment you're just going for a little drive out into the countryside, mostly because the car has aircon (and your flat does not and it's 30/86 degrees outside and you are on the third floor), and the next thing you know there are 10 kg/22 lbs of apricots in the boot/trunk!

It all started last year because I was looking for apricots, but a spring frost had damaged the crop so there were none to be found. Instead I got cherries, and then plums, and finally peaches; and a jamming career had begun! This time I went looking for peaches, and was handsomely rewarded with my dream fruit.

The first half is now jam, with thanks to the movie "Yesterday" and the documentary "My Octopus Teacher". Hopefully the second half will be completed late tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment