Thursday, November 18, 2021

Good Nigel Bad Nigel


Some time ago whilst channel-surfing on Italian TV, I noticed a sports announcer who, to me, was clearly the baby brother of the UK celebrity Nigel Farage. We had no idea of his name, and thus dubbed him "Good Nigel" (we are all entitled to our opinions, and one of mine is that Farage, at least in his public persona, for reasons ranging from his admiration of Enoch Powell and founding of the UKIP party to antisemitic comments he has made, is someone whose beliefs and politics are bad for the UK).

The other day L informed me that the channel, Italia Uno, was revamping its programming. Apparently Good Nigel's show has been dropped from the schedule. I am sorry, and hope he reappears soon in another journalistic forum. Good Nigel has often cheered me up during these pandemic days.

NB this news and a bit of research for this post encouraged me to find out his real name, which is Angiolo Radice. And he seems to have made the headlines in the past for a comment about Mister Conte that he made when he thought his mike had been turned off. Oooooops!

No comments:

Post a Comment