Thursday, February 11, 2021

Piglet Retrospective VII


Thinking about loss, and anger ... this week I attended a funeral and shiva prayers for Rosita Rosenberg & Walter Kammerling. They were not people to whom I was especially close, but each played a positive part in my life and work. I was greatly touched by the love with which they were memorialised. 

Somehow, this moved me to reach out to another mentor, who broke off our relationship in anger many years ago. I read recently that she is unwell, and sent her a message this evening. It wasn't so easy - I was afraid she would still be angry, & she is a passionate person. Then I thought, what's the worst that could happen? If she doesn't want to reconnect, that's how it will be. So I wrote.

In this frame of mind, today I share a Piglet pic from Disneyworld c. 2006. I am usually very clear that I do not like the Disney version of Winnie the Pooh characters, and am utterly loyal to E.H. Shepard's designs. Piglet himself, however, decided to connect universes that were formerly parallel, as seen here when he posed with Eeyore, Pooh & Tigger during our visit. My ears should hear what my Piglet is saying. Reach out if you still have the possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment