Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Rosita Rosenberg z"l


Rosita Rosenberg has died. Tributes are beginning to appear as the news gets out, e.g., the Jewish News, where she is described as "Liberal Judaism's pioneering first female head." Only last week they featured her in their "120 over 80" section highlighting the "Golden Generation" of the UK Jewish community. And Liberal Judaism has posted here, noting that "Rosita was greatly loved, her legacy has touched many."

What can I say? She was a wonderful woman, loved and respected by so many of us. She dedicated so much of her energy to the building and development of Liberal Judaism. And she was funny, forthright and passionate about her interests. I will miss her.

My love and condolences to her daughter Sallie, someone I have rarely met, but about whom Rosita would always tell me! May Rosita's memory be a blessing.

Here's a link to the Hakol newsletter of TLSE celebrating a special birthday of Rosita's.

No comments:

Post a Comment