Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Bittersweet



It's finally up! For my whole life, this poster was on a wall in my parents' home, first in Wembley and then at Kent House. My father always had a thing about owls, and we kind of thought that he was one (for those of you that knew him - wise, blind in the daylight, slightly ruffled feathers). There were many owl-connected gifts and purchases through the years. This has always been my favourite. Now it is on a wall in my own home. We received it several months ago, but I kept putting off the moment of hanging. My parents are gone. Their home of 49 years is gone. And giving the owl a new place to roost is a confirmation of how final those facts are. But we are very lucky and happy to have our home, and delighted (as you can see from my goofy grin in the selfie) to welcome this owl to our wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment