Monday, July 02, 2007

rabbi abraham j. klausner z"l


i did not realise he was still alive ... i'd always wanted to meet rabbi klausner. his obit in the ny times is here. when i was stuck looking for a subject for my rabbinic ma thesis, my father handed me a photocopied pamphlet of this haggadah:


i had never seen a text like this one, which ended with 'shefoch chamatcha' ('pour out thy wrath') - a prayer i also did not know since the reform text had omitted this first line. and so my thesis on the apologetic and polemic motifs in the passover haggadah was born :-)

may rabbi klausner's family and friends be consoled with the mourners of zion and jerusalem.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:07 pm

    Thank you for your kind words. My father would have been happy to help with your thesis and I'm sure you two would have had a lot to talk about. Jeremy Klausner

    ReplyDelete