Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Drawing Withdrawal


My Drawing Together group switched from weekly to monthly. I am missing it a lot. I decided to keep that same weekly hour for drawing, but it's so easy to be distracted when you have to be self-motivating. 

Thank goodness for Snoopygrams on Insta! Every now and then, they are offering a 5-minute tutorial on how to draw a Peanuts character. This week was Peppermint Patty (one of L's favourites):


Before I found these videos, I had only ever tried to draw Charlie Brown and Snoopy, and not since I was about 12. It's a bit scary to try to draw new characters (new for drawing), and afterwards the mistakes seem so glaring (fingers & toes, always. proportions. & half of PP's freckles are upside-down). But I'd like to improve, so I have to have a go.

Next up? Sally Brown and Schroeder. The piano should be fun! And, don't worry, I am also working on some things that are less copying and more my own ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment