Tuesday, July 14, 2020

The Blessing of Sara the Cat



Have I mentioned that Sara is the first cat, or animal of any kind, with which I have shared a home? Our family parrot-sat a few times in the 1970's, but Mervyn was my father's friend. 

This is a picture of Sara the Cat putting up with my relentless photographing of her every position. Today it is the crossed paws that entice me.

She hides and she chases imaginary demons and she stinks out the place with her poo just after everyone is happily in bed and she scratches furniture and doors and cardboard boxes and humans who are careless when they play with her and she gives me the heebie jeebies when she leans quite far out of our 3rd-floor window and she complains if you won't throw her ball but then she won't chase it if she doesn't approve of the trajectory ... and she lets me pick her up and kiss her for at least 5 seconds now before she jumps down, and curls up behind my knees when I nap and runs to the door when we come home and, to be honest, we would never have come through this past lockdown so well without Sara to play with and to care for. Thank you my pussycat friend.


2 comments:

  1. They are in many ways our teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our two are much loved family members.

    ReplyDelete