1. The Philadelphia Story - opening scene when Hepburn breaks the golf club over her knee and Grant goes to punch her then pushes her over. Next frame says: Three Years Later.
2. Tootsie - Bill Murray saying to Dustin Hoffman "You slut!"
3. On the Town - seeing from behind a blonde little moptop and her mother going down the stairs and she says "I don't wanna look like Margaret O'Brien!"
4. Dangerous Liaisons - when Michelle Pfeiffer first gives in and Malkovich doesn't take advantage.
5. The Big Chill - the morning after montage
6. Bringing Up Baby - what else but the dinosaur collapsing
7. Love and Death - the dance with death through the trees under the end titles
8. To Be or Not to Be (1942) - when Colonel Erhardt visits Lombard at the end and bumps into Hitler at her apartment
9. The Man Who Came to Dinner - all the attacks upon Miss Preen leading up to her leaving to work in a munitions factory (honourable mention to the penguins)
10. Notorious - Ingrid Bergman's first view of Cary Grant upside-down in a doorway
11. Trouble in Paradise - at the end in the taxicab when Herbert Marshall & Miriam Hopkins realise they have both stolen from each other
12. His Girl Friday - Mother disappearing over the gentleman's shoulder and heading who knows where
13. Kiss Me Kate - Ann Miller singing 'Tom Dick or Harry', and dancing of course!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants